Canon released Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00 a few days ago for the C300. This can be downloaded from Canon's website.
This is said to resolve the following issues:
- Some of the EF lens products that can be mounted on the camera can be controlled more reliably.
- Corrections to the Spanish and German language texts in the View Assistance function (View Assist).
- Efforts to correct image color fringing when a subject is of high contrast have been made.
To install the firmware:
1) Take an SD or SDHC card and format it. To do this turn on the camera, go to initialize, select the SD card and initialize.
2) Open the downloaded Canon file and take out the firmware update VIA8.FIM. Drag this onto your SD card.
3) Click the menu button and scrole down to the end to firmware. Click this and it will update.
(NB If the firmware button is grey and cannot be selected, check the following: the SD card has been formatted, that the correct file only VIA8.FIM has been loaded onto the SD card)